Saturday, August 01, 2015

Contact Information

Town Clerk
Kelly Eskew

Deputy Town Clerk
Jolene Roy

P: (845) 744-2029
F: (845) 744-3126
E: Email Link

Upcoming Events

There are currently no upcoming events.

Town Clerk's Office

Official town documents are kept in this office and are available to the public. These include minutes to all Town Board meetings, various commission meetings, agreements, resolutions, Town Code and Local Laws. The vital statistics or records of births, deaths, marriages occurring in Crawford are also filed through this office.

The office issues marriage licenses, hunting and fishing licenses, burning permits and dog licenses as well as handicap parking permits, and takes reservations for the park pavilions.

Marriage Licenses

  • Licenses are issued Monday through Friday between 9:00 AM and 3:30 PM - No appointment necessary.
  • Both parties must be over 18.
  • Fee: $40.00
  • Each party must bring in two forms of ID (one a picture ID & birth certificate)
  • Both applicants must come in person
  • Any previously married persons must provide date of death, or certified copy of divorce papers, whichever is applicable.
  • Valid for 60 days after 24 hour waiting period.

Death Certificates & Birth Certificates

  • If the person died or was born in Crawford, certificate will be on file in this office
  • Copies are available to the next of kin at $10.00 per certified copy.

Dog Licenses

  • Dogs over six months old must be licensed
  • Proof of current rabies vaccination and proof of spaying/neutering (if applicable) must be provided.
  • Fee is $8.00 for spayed/neutered dog, $14.00 for a dog that has not been spayed/neutered.
  • License must be renewed every year.

Conservation Licenses

  • Must be 16 (special requirements for younger ages)
  • Must have required hunter education courses (not required for Fishing License)
  • Must produce a NYS Driver's License or a NYS Non-Driver's ID
  • Fees vary depending on type of license

Handicap Parking Permits

  • For a permanent condition, you must submit a NYS Department of Motor Vehicles application (available at our office) which has been completed by a physician.
  • For a temporary condition, you must submit a NYS Department of Motor Vehicles application (available at our office) which has been completed by a physician stating expected date of recovery. Temporary permits can be issued for up to 6 months.

Burning Permits

Park Reservations - Pavilions

  • Pine Bush and Bullville
  • Call Town Clerk's Office for Information - (845) 744-2029

You must call and reserve your date before filling out the park reservations form, do not mail in without calling, or your date will not be guaranteed.

Park Reservation Form: Download

Copyright 2012, Town of Crawford, NY